19.5.11

Peggy Porschen Cakes

This whole cupcake trend was getting a bit much, it's almost like on every street corner where you could find a starbucks there is a cupcake shop!  But there is an exception and a place worth idolizing and that is Peggy Porschen Cakes.  When I was in London walking around with my Mom and sister we came to Elizebeth street, a beautiful street with lovely shops and cafes... and Peggy Porschen Cakes.  With an exceptional eye to the detail and perfection of a cake there are no average cupcake.  She is best known for wedding cakes and has a mock up William and Kate cake congratulating the couple, for a more appropriate treat these Sticky Toffee cakes looks divine!  



I love the cake mold lights!

1 comment:

  1. I love these photos! I'm an amateur cake decorator and I'm teaching myself how to pipe using the Lambeth Method just as the one Paggy used in this cake at the window. I'd like to ask you if you could kindly send me the full pixels photo of this cake you've made inside the shop. I'd like to be able to take a look at the details and try to reproduce it in order to study the patterns. It's such a clever construction. My e mail is: paulachammas@net.sapo.pt and if you'd like to take a further look at the work I've been doing so far I'd like to invite you to take a look at my FLICKR gallary at http://www.flickr.com/photos/paula_chammas Thank you for helping! Best regards. Paula.

    ReplyDelete