7.6.11

Organic Lives

I have been a vegetarian for some time and recently I went back to eating salmon for health reasons... but I am intrigued by the concept of the raw and vegan life style. After going for lunch with my mom who is always trying new alternative approaches recommended organic lives.  I was in awe of the juice bar menu and vowed to order the hot pink (beet, pineapple, pear and burdock) next time.  We were in love with the way it was all so fresh and clean and after eating our lunch felt bright and 'glowing'.  With it being a bit pricey for some sprouts and almond croutons... it was worth try.  I ordered the wrap and mom got the sushi made with sea veggie and rice (raw?) and the carrot and avocado cold soup! So good!




Food to me is a cultural things, something we communicate through and indulge in.  It is what brings us together and relate.  The idea of veganism and raw for me is really intriguing because it seems there is a higher worshiping of our food, an honour for the earths abundance and a grace for what we have gathered.  Often I find the food in our western culture is over processed, filled with preservatives and shipped from overseas.  I would like to take a step back and see what the soils in BC offer and how I can live a lifestyle where I know what is in my food and where is came from.  I eat mostly organic and make a conscious effort to by local.  For me I am to much a cheese loved to vear to the realm of veganism/raw but perhaps we can learn something from those who are disciplined enough to structure and take time for a lifestyle like this.   I am looking into some local veggie boxes from the vancity and valley gardens.

Grace! 

No comments:

Post a Comment