17.2.11

Effort! This is how i woke up one morning after a late night of salsa dancing in a speakeasy, a punch bowl at an alice in wonderland secret bar, pool at max fish and enough gin and tonics to turn me into a character from ABFAB! Effort was my name of the day and when i awoke that morning, I realized I needed to get some cold water on my face and pull it together... as best as I could.  We were doing a brunch with our dear friend who recommend we check out this place called Diner and I was not going to miss! Boy was it worth the effort!  This place is a total hipster through back to the 50's and has a really great character!  The staff are supper friendly and read out the days menu (which changes everyday) by scribbling it down on your table cloth!  The food is remarkable and worth savouring every bite! So take your time, the wait might be a little long but isn't that written into the brunch handbook?  This place is also part of Marlou and Sons group which is a really great concept CafĂ© by day, raw bar and restaurant by night and a grocery store in the front.  We just walked inside to have a peek and i got the impression it was a lot like Jeffreys Grocery!  I like this idea of casual dining with fresh and local ingredients... you can buy after your meal!  I would definitely check out Diner for a meal or cocktail and hit up Marlou and Sons for Oysters, talk about a perfect evening/date!
Chiefs Sean Rembold and Dave Gould
front grocery section at Marlou and Sons

No comments:

Post a Comment