7.11.10

HEMP MILK

Being vegetarian I often have a hard time getting in proper proteins and fatty acids, but I'd like to introduce you to my best friend the hemp seed.  Its amazing that 1 tablespoon of raw hempseeds a day provide the essential amino acids and essential fatty acids necessary to maintain healthy human life!  Wowza!  I have grow acustome to using it in my morning mix! I add 2 tablespoons into the magic bullet blender mix for 30 seconds then add water and bee pollen (for a lil sweetness) and blend!  I drink it as is or pour in over cereal or mix it into my oatmeal!  Yum!  What a great way to start the day!  A couple fun facts about this superfood:
- Whole hempseed also contains about 25% of a highly-digestible protein
Hempseed is an adequate source of calcium and iron.
- Hemp oil has anti-inflammatory properties
There are oodles of recipes from Cakes to Lasagna dishes that use this ingredient!  Try it out!

1 comment:

  1. yum! can't wait to get to try it when i can get my hands on some hemp seeds!!

    ReplyDelete