25.8.11

Hornby Island

I am loving this month of August and as it begins to wrap up and September approaching I can't help grasp the least couple of weeks and wish for more summer!    A couple weeks ago I was invited up to Hornby Island with my neighbours and there kids.  The pace of the trip was slow and relaxed, we woke up went to the bakery and decided from there which beach to visit and the day would unfold from there.  It's hard to believe when you walk down the path and come to this amazing sandy beach that it's still BC.   Being on the island away from the hum and brightness of everything it was peaceful and needed.   One morning when the family had left I sat on a log with my feet in the sand and soaked it all in, the smell of the ocean, the breeze from the trees was all so magical.  I feel a spell has been cast upon me that will force me back to linger a little longer on Hornby Island.  Here are a couple shots from the CardBoard Bakerk

Something Hornby is known for is the weekend Farmers Market.  I was totally impressed with the talent this island has and I get the feeling its a place that you grow into a skill or trade.... something you become known for like the cake man, massage lady or chai guy (who i loved)! 


No comments:

Post a Comment