22.9.10

Sticking with the theme... apples

Yesterday after the landlord rang the house 7 times at the lovely hour of 8:00 AM(just when i was getting back on track with the sleep in mode) i was up! And with a basket of apples sitting in front of me i thought... why not, why not seize the morning by making apple sauce!  The apples from my market adventure are really paying off and making me feel creative with the pomme!  First things first however at this time of day no one is fully functioning with out some coffee in their system.  So i brewed a pot of JJbean coffee and began my preparations.  My go to blog for inspiration smitten kitchen  had a super easy recipe that i tweaked!  All you need is 1/2 pound Apples (peeled and quartered), cinnamon, 3 slices of lemon rind and 1/2 cup water.  I added ginger!  And let it all simmer on a low heat for about 30 minutes! Then in a food processor blend it all together (and remove the cinnamon stick and lemon rind and ginger).  Yum!  Its so tasty and with no sugar added its a sweet morning meal for an early riser like myself!  OMG then i got to thinking about things i could do with this apple sauce! And smitten kitchen to the rescue again... mini pies!  This is what i shall make today! haha stay tuned... whoever you maybe! ha

No comments:

Post a Comment